Monday, June 25, 2012

I miss my kitchen - badly! I've been without my kitchen for 2 weeks now. I've been creative with meals and am proud of myself for what I've done so far. However, stuff is everywhere. I've been using my microwave for most of our meals, which also has a convection oven which I'm grateful for. We've grilled, used the electric fry pan, used the crockpot and eaten out a lot too. William has been framing in the back porch. I've been helping him. We are enclosing it and will make it into a mud room entry with cabinets. You'll enter it before entering the kitchen. We were able to get the door installed tonight. It took a lot of time and patience! William has worked so hard on it. We found knob and tube wiring in our kitchen ceiling (we ripped down both the drop ceiling and the plaster ceiling) which is very old wiring which was still being used. So, we're getting rid of it. We've hired an electrician and he'll be working on it tomorrow. Here's some pictures (especially for our children):

4 comments:

mr_matalino said...

LOVE IT!!!

Ryan & Sarah said...

That's so exciting!!! I can't wait to see it finished! You are such a trooper for dealing with no kitchen for so long!!

Jeff and Jenn said...

Wow what a change!!! I love that you put it back towards the backyard area! Pretty door too! It is going to look so amazing when you're all done!

Jeff Davis said...

I'm so jealous! That front door looks awesome!!

I'm proud you guys are doing so much by yourself! I can barely fix a broken faucet.