Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Winter wonderland!







I woke up yesterday morning to William informing me that there was a two hour school delay because of the thick fog in the air. I went to the hall window and looked out and saw this! The fog had lifted and the trees were covered in this thick beautiful  frost. It doesn't happen very often, but it's called "hoar frost". I looked it up on the internet and it's actually ice crystals that formed on the trees. 
So just as I am tired of winter and want a break, God gives me a reason to marvel at the beauties of nature and  winter all in my own yard!  Stunning!

2 comments:

Gordon & Julie Bird Blog said...

We had a "Hoar Frost" the day we got married!

wonderingwhy said...

Hi!
This message is for Lynda!! I've found you after all these years--our brief times in Pennsylvania (Middle School) and Idaho Falls (one college summer).

Your family is beautiful! And, I'd love to be in touch.
Jennifer Spear Harp (jenniferspearharp@gmail.com)

Hope this finds its way to you!! Love, Jennifer