Sunday, April 19, 2009

Happy Bump Day Elder Davis

On April 22nd, Michael will have been serving his mission for six months.
We are so proud of him! He is doing great!

He will be over "the bump"as missionaries call it on April 22nd.

This is also to MOTIVATE you to SEND him birthday greetings for his 20th birthday on May 15th! I know it would mean a lot to him!

I sent Michael "missionary cards" (like missionary business cards) for his hump day and a Mini-preach my gospel book (pocket size) for his birthday.
Right now he serves with two other elders and serves 6 wards (within the Henderson, Anthem area).

He went from the poorest part of the mission (Las Vegas strip) to the richest.

Here is his latest letter!
We miss him!
The weeks are flying by! I am amazed how fast they go when your working extra hard. With six wards we are having a hard time getting to everyone we use to get to on a weekly basis. It's crazy how I have been out for 6 months. I have 18 months left and I feel like I cant stop time. I am enjoying my mission and feel like every month goes by faster and faster. I am doing well. I love how we get home at 9 and we plan. Then I am sleeping by 9:30. I get so tired during the day. I meet so many new people every day.
We went to the Temple today. It was great! Elder Bendar told us to attend as much as we can. We get to go once every six weeks. More then most Missionaries. I really feel the spirit in the House of the Lord.
This week has been so crazy like I said. Elder Young and I have the three wards we use to just cover dinners all set up. We have it for the next week or so. Well Elder Everette has his dinners so the past week I have been getting two dinners a night. People up in Henderson love to feed us. I dont know why? They think we are always hungry. Thats not true. Maybe some Elders are. If anyone remembers how much I can eat I want you to know I can eat more now! I am working out everymorning here and that is helping so much more. Lately we have been working on the less actives in our wards and been helping those less actives with service. Mom and Dad I love doing service! I know I am crazy but I like it. I also miss doing yard work on things that are actually growing and are not dead. I think it is so funny seeing people doing yard work on dead plants. So weird! We are working with Adrieanne still. She is doing great. She knew this Church was true before she even came to Church. Vance is the 10 year old that was baptized. He is doing great. His life is complicated. He lives with his grandma and Grandpa. They just moved down the street. We helped them move in. They had the worst move I have ever seen in my life. I was amazed how big of a mess this move was. We helped them for 3 days. You know how after a Dance Recital we are all dead? Well that family was like that by the end of day one. It was awsome how the members took over and we got it done. The members are are so faithful to the Church. It was weird going from a Branch to a Ward the Size of New Bremen. I have to get going. I love you all very much. I am excited to hear about Laura Lee and Marc! Another GIRL!!! So Awesome. I hope you all have a great week! My mission is going faster and Faster. I know the church is true and I hope you know I am doing just Fine! BEST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE!!!
Love Elder Davis

7 comments:

Katie said...

How fun to read Elder Davis' letter! I will put his bday in my google calendar and send him a card from his old Ohio pals!

Gordon & Julie Bird Blog said...

It's amazing how fast the months fly by when it's not your son! Seems like he just left, doesn't it? He sounds like an awesome missionary and I bet you are so proud of him. Good luck with your busy season! :)

musson said...

YAY! hump day!!! I can't believe it's been 6months! that means he's closer to coming home- AND hopefully we'll still be here!

Anonymous said...

It seems like he has been gone for long but when i think about how he has been gone for six months it seems like he hasent been gone that long. Nice Blog! Keep it up.


Tanner

Anonymous said...

Can I ask where you got the Mini-Preach My Gospel book? (:

Raquel Johnston said...

I too would like to know: Can I ask where you got the Mini-Preach My Gospel book? (:
I personally went to Kinkos with it ready to copy and they wanted $75 a piece. Did you find a cheaper price? Please, please let me know. I have called everyone I know in Escondido and copies are not that much cheaper in color.
My name is Raquel Johnston & email is: raquel@johnstonfam.org.

Anonymous said...

I ordered my mini PMG from Candy Orcutt at miniPMGmom@gmail.com It came real fast.

When I sent an email, this is the response I got.


Hi! If you are receiving this generic email reply, it is because you
have written me about the Mini PMG books. YES, I AM STILL TAKING
ORDERS. I have been bombarded with questions, orders and payments.
So to save some of my family's time I am including some info here.
YES, If it applies to you then maybe I have saved myself some time!
When you reply back to me, please put in capital letters in the
subject line your LAST NAME and info to help me out such as: PAYMENT,
MTC ASAP DELIVERY, RECEIVED!, THANKS! STATUS, OR QUESTION (which
hopefully will be answered now.) Please read on! Thanks!

The correct price on the books including shipping are $20 for English
and $21 for foreign languages. At the moment I have them in Japanese
Kanji, Czech, Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, Italian, Dutch and
Russian, Croation and Polish. I have a few b/w in Spanish and
Tagolog for $17. I could not get Haitian-Creole, sorry I menioned
earlier that I had it.
***If there is an interest I will do them in other languages. Please
let me know.

The only payment method I take is paypal. To do this go to paypal.com
and then send money. At this point please enter in my email addy.
I ship orders from the paypal notes, so please tell me how many & what
languages & the address(es) to mail these to.
Please help save me time by having your correct address typed out the
way it should appear on your package. (I will just cut this out for
your address label.)
There is an additional charge to ship out of the US.

*** When you receive your order please send me an email with your
LAST NAME and RECEIVED in capital letters in the subject line. If you
include a note, I do read these. ***********

Thanks for helping me make this service easier