Thursday, February 12, 2009

Lynda's Birthday 2009

         The cake Tanner made "with love".


Tanner lighting the candles - no there are not 49!

I had a birthday this month. One of my  children has chided me for not mentioning it on my blog.  I wasn't going to bring it up, just because having a son become engaged and a daughter expecting another baby is so much FUNNER  to blog about. I can't tell you how blessed I am feeling about all the wonderful changes for good happening in our family. I AM SO EXCITED!

Anyway.......... I will blog a little about my birthday for those of you who are interested.
I will tell you that I had a very nice birthday. It all started the Saturday before my birthday when William wanted to celebrate it because he would be in Indiana on my real birthday. I received breakfast in bed (French toast) and a totally surprising gift of an ipod touch that William bought me. It pretty much blew me away. Tanner then made me a cake and it was the funniest/bumpiest looking cake ever (he put the cake in pie tins (he thought they were cake pans)   but it was THE BEST TASTING CAKE EVER!! It was so moist. Anyway, he said he made the cake with the best ingredient - L-O-V-E. It's a cake I will never forget - not only that Tanner made it but that it was such a sweet attempt for him on my birthday and that it was so luscious! I even got to read in bed during the day which was a treat.

Over the next few days it still felt like I was celebrating my birthday as  cards came in from friends and family. Some of the cards made me tear up because they were so thoughtful and sincere. Michael sent me the sweetest card that said on the front MOM and below that MOMMER and below that MOMMEST. Then on the inside it said "Happy birthday to the MOMMEST  MOM in the whole world. He wrote me the sweetest letter that made me cry about how much he loves me and how thankful he is for me and that I am the best mother anyone could ask for. It made my day!  On Wednesday I went out to lunch with friends.  On Thursday, (my real birthday) I was surprised that  a gentleman in one of my exercise classes brought me a homemade gift he made which was SO THOUGHTFUL! I was able to go to Enrichment Day which was lovely. After that I got my hair cut and had my nails done (such a treat!). I taught dance that evening and came home to an ice cream cake. My secret sister from my OCCL had spoiled me with a huge bag of goodies (my favorite drink - virgin Pina Colada, my favorite candy and some of my favorite magazines.

I've got a few calls and cards since my birthday that were kind.  I received phone calls from all my children on my birthday. Then yesterday, my new daughter-in-law posted the sweetest blog about me that touched my heart to the core. She made me sound a lot better than I am, but it was one of the kindest things anyone could do. 

I had a good friend from High School (Julie Bird) post a blog in January about me and it was equally touching. I feel very blessed to have such loving friends and family.  

Thank you to everyone for remembering me on my birthday. I am a sentimental, emotional person and every attempt of kindness directed my way is so special to me. In my more discouraging moments I will turn to the kind, kind things people have written about me and the assurance of how much we love each other and how blessed I am to have you in my life!




 

2 comments:

Auntie M said...

That Tanner is amazing. I think he is great. I would take a cake of his any day of the week.

Katie said...

Tanner's cake is my favorite! How sweet of him.