Monday, November 24, 2008

A DELICIOUS PARTY FOOD!

I had a party at my home for some community friends last Saturday and had lots of food, but this was THE HIT of the evening. I found it on a website and it sounded delicious! IT IS!! 
It's a relatively healthy snack with a good balance of protein, healthy carbs, and healthy fats (and sugar which is not at all healthy, but this just wouldn't be the same without the caramel). 

ENJOY and let me know how you like them!

Caramel Apple Squares

12 ounces Brie cheese
6 - 8 ounces caramel sauce
1 cup chopped pecans
5 - 7 apples (I used Granny smith and really liked the tart/sweet flavor)

Core apples (peel if you wish - I didn't) and cut in slices. Soak apples in a pineapple juice while completing the following steps to avoid premature browning of the apples.

Pell the outer layer off of the Brie (I had to trim it off ) and slice the cheese into bite-size squares and lay out on parchment paper or a baking sheet.

Heat the caramel sauce over low heat until it will drizzle slowly of off of a spoon (just a couple of minutes)

Drizzle caramel sauce over the cheese and then top with pecans.

Drain apples

Place each Brie square on a slice of apple and place on a serving platter. (I think these are best when the Brie cheese is really soft (left out for a little bit) and melts in your mouth!

4 comments:

Gordon & Julie Bird Blog said...

Call me blind, but what is the delicious party food? I must be missing something important!

WILLIAM AND LYNDA DAVIS said...

That's funny! I went to "publish" this post and it wouldn't let me. I got busy for a while and forgot that I had started it and needed to TRY AGAIN!

Try them sometime! They are delicious!

mr_matalino said...

I need to get Sarah to make these! Brie cheese or not, I'm beyond curious to try them...

Ryan & Sarah said...

I will try and make them! They do look delicious! And... with my post, I forgot that I found the picture of Jenn and I with our little houses, so I deleted that little line on my post. Good catch! Love you! ;)