Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I'm grateful for the right to vote




Yesterday when I sat down to vote, a wave of gratitude swept over me. I have never felt more grateful to vote. That freedom alone is so marvelous and is such a blessing to all of us who have that privilege! Lives have been sacrificed for our great liberty and I hope to never take it for granted!

Now, I was more involved in the political process for this election than normal, passing out right- to -life pamphlets until I had blisters! My candidate did not win and I am very concerned about the future of our nation. I pray for this nation and her leaders and will continue to do to. I know God will watch over her as long as her people will turn to Him! I think that's my biggest concern!

I believe my vote did count and it counted for every other person who had the right to vote! The people have spoken. My prayer is that American's will realize how much we need God to help us at this critical and crucial time and will ask for His help and guidance!

God bless the USA!

2 comments:

Gordon & Julie Bird Blog said...

Amen Sistah! Way to go handing out Right to Life pamphlets.
In Ohio, I bet you DO feel like your vote counts, with it being a swing state. Idaho surprisingly, cast a lot of votes for Obama. I pray for him and I pray for our nation.

mr_matalino said...

A vote count in Ohio? Considering Ohio is one of 2 BIG swing states, I still wish I was registered to vote in Ohio. But even my vote, albeit Arizona, made a difference. Sad when your own state is up for grabs...