Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Michael is in LAS VEGAS!!




I was so blessed to receive a short phone call from Michael this morning from the Salt Lake City airport. (: I can't tell you how good it was to hear his voice. It brought tears to my eyes just hearing him talk. He was flying to Las Vegas with 10 other missionaries. Michael was district leader over 9 of them and knows them all very well. He says he's made some good friends. This group was to have breakfast with their mission president once they arrived.

He has grown a great deal in the last 3 weeks and we are so grateful he is doing well. His mission address is:

Elder Michael Austin Davis
3127 East Warm Springs Road #200
Las Vegas, Nevada 89120-3134

He would love your letters and we all appreciate your prayers!

I love being a missionary MOM!

5 comments:

Mary said...

We ran errands this morning and I thought...it is the 11th! Michael is in LV! I am so glad you were able to talk with him a bit!
Thanks for sharing his address...I need to get those twizzlers sent out!
Mary

Jeff and Jenn said...

I'm so excited for him!!! Does he want us to keep sending letters to DearElder? Or will he have internet access?

WILLIAM AND LYNDA DAVIS said...

I'll ask Michael in his next letter what is the best way for everyone to contact him.

I think he said Wednesday or Thursday is his P-day so hopefully I'll get a letter soon!

Thanks for your support of him!

Gordon & Julie Bird Blog said...

Isn't is great to hear their voice after they have been in the MTC for a while? What a treat.
We are somewhat concerned about Scott in California with all of the resentment directed towards the church there due to Prop 8 passing. There is a commercial that the other side made featuring missionaries and it portrays them in a really bad light. But I know the Lord protects His missionaries!
Michael seems like he will be a super missionary.

mr_matalino said...

Wow. To think he's probably knocked on his first door by now. This kid was like 12 when I got home from my mission.