Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I'm thankful for the FOUR SEASONS!





Today I am thankful for the four seasons. Over the last few days it has snowed in Ohio.  The older I get, the less I like the cold weather. However I couldn't help but notice the tremendous beauty of the snow as it came pouring down.  I couldn't help but feel the excitement of the first snowfall of the season. Yesterday the snow covered the trees, grass and bushes. It was lovely and picturesque. There is something ever so cozy about snuggling up in a blanket with a cup of hot chocolate! There is a purity about winter. There is a stillness. I heard one little girl exclaim about the recent snow  " I love it!". 

The Fall colors recently had their chance to shine and it was brilliant as well. Autumn has a  harmonious feeling about it!  There is a richness and a bounteous attitude about fall.  God's handiwork is cleverly highlighted and no one can deny the gloriousness of it all. 

The Summer is also spectacular! The flowers in various stages of  bloom are my favorite thing about Summer. God's detail to each flower, each petal is amazing! I love a green world. Ohio, during the summer,  is alive with bright green shades everywhere. The blue shades of sky mixed with the white cotton clouds blend so brilliantly with the green hues.  The flowers pop their amazing colors and the earth feels vibrant, full of life, and full of goodness!

The Spring is the most welcome time of year for me! I am so grateful when the first blades of a Tulip bulb burst through the ground, the first robin appears, and the first buds of my Lilac tree turn green. I love the Springtime. We sense an awakening of the earth at springtime.  The sun and warmth are so appreciated and so embraced. The symbols of the awakening earth sink deeply into my soul and remind me about our resurrected Savior.

Wow, I didn't expect to get so carried away about the Seasons. However, I just gave a talk in church last week about gratitude. It has helped me see and recognize God's hand in about everything in my life. I have a long way to go yet. I still take so many things for granted. I still 
need to work on this principle - but I am feeling so thankful in so many ways for so many blessings. This lovely earth God made for me and for you is incredible!


 

2 comments:

Gordon & Julie Bird Blog said...

I was thinking the same thing today, but you expressed it so well. You were always a good writer. Happy Fall!

mr_matalino said...

I haven't experienced four (real) seasons for years now. The seasons in Phoenix are "summer", "monsoon season", and a "very mild winter". I haven't experience a real fall (like out east) since the fall of '99. It's been too long.