Monday, November 3, 2008

Fall in all its glory!





Actually, this post is to invoke sympathy from my readers! Fall is glorious. I love the colors and sights of fall. I love the aroma's and tastes of fall (apple cider and pumpkin pie/bread are two of my favorites). We have had an incredible fall this year. HOWEVER, there is one thing I dread about autumn. My children know what it is!

We have 6 very large maple trees in our yard. Every year we must RAKE their fallen leaves all to the curb. Now that we are down to just Tanner the workload will be shared between just the three of us. (Okay adult children, I know you are gleeful about this!) We just bought a new leaf blower {we wanted the backpack kind - but it was $500.00 ):} but someone still has to rake the leaves.

And so the leaves have turned their brilliant gold/yellow color and will soon fall. (Tanner and I already did one small raking.)
And so WISH ME THE BEST! It's a TON OF WORK! Our neighbors have few trees and our leaves all blow into their yard. This makes this time of year even more stressful, because they don't necessarily like raking OUR leaves. (We often go into their yards and rake our fallen leaves.) New Bremen residents are meticulous about their yards and often mow up or rake up every leaf!

I at least need my granddaughter here to PLAY in the leaves at least ONCE before they are taken away so we can ENJOY THEM!
They are one of God's best play toys!

4 comments:

Auntie M said...

I really am sorry for you. Yard work is a pain! I wish I was there so that I could make Tanner do more.

Gordon & Julie Bird Blog said...

Those trees are huge! Good luck:)

Katie said...

Wow--you are so right! I do not miss those leaf-free VACUUMED yards in New Bremen! One guy behind us when out every day in the fall! Crazy!

mr_matalino said...

Wow, how did I guess that you were going to buy a leaf blower? I still do not envy raking that yard, even after about 8 years of doing it. Tanner may be lucky in getting a leaf blower but he doesn't have 4 of his siblings to help anymore :-)